Welcome, new and returning Readathon Schools! This year may be a little different but we’re still going strong. We’re glad you’re on board to have fun online and curl up with some good books!
- Click the link above and start logging your minutes read over the course of the 20 day Readathon.
- If you’re under 13, get your parent’s permission. Do not use your school email address.
- Get your free t-shirt at school or do curbside pick-up at BookSpring. Instructions here.
- Print out your reading diary, set your goals, & create a reading list so you’re ready to get going.
- Read as many minutes as you can from Jan 22 – Feb 10.
- Enter minutes read in the online reading report during or after the Readathon. The deadline is Februrary 17.
- You can participate in the Challenges for pop up prizes.
- Prizes & awards for fundraising and minutes will be presented in March! Click here to see what you could win!
Librarian & Teacher Game Plan for Student Readers
- Go to Schools Page on the website https://familyreadathon.bookspring.org/schools/
- Click on your school link for complete details for Family Readathon Reading Schools
- Spread the word about the Readathon to students and families.
- Encourage students to click on their school link and start logging minutes read online on January 22 and as many times as they wish during the 20-day reading period.
- All readers who log their minutes are eligible for prizes – parents, librarians and teachers can help.
- Download the 2-sided reading diary (en español) and encourage students to set reading goals.
- Messages of support from BookSpring will be sent to students throughout the Readathon. Make sure students do not use their school emails.
- All participating librarians, teachers and registered kids get a free t-shirt. Curbside pickup at BookSpring is available to schools and families through February.
- During or at the end of the Readathon reading period, students record minutes read in their online reading report – parents, librarians and teachers can help.
- Prizes & awards include gift cards, digital books, and certificates of achievement and will be announced in March.
- Mark your calendars for the Readathon Celebration Drive -Through Event, Carver Public Library, March 27. Stay tuned for more details.
- Contact Andrea Angelo at email@example.com, c 512 413-6924, or BookSpring at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Here are some useful materials that you can share with students and parents:
- Instructions for Librarians and Teachers
- Instructions for Students
- T-shirt pickup instructions
- School Prizes
The Family Reading Readathon Workshops hosted by the Library Foundation earlier in January were terrific. Here are lesson outlines that Librarians and Teachers may want to use for their students and reading programs:
Feel free to email email@example.com or call 512 472 1791 x 104 for any questions you might have.