January 22 – February 10, 2021
BookSpring and The Library Foundation are proud to present the 16th annual Family Readathon. Join us and help build healthier communities by raising funds to give books to kids!
Congratulations on your reading efforts, Readathoners!
We hope you are warm and safe. Given the myriad challenges presented by this record-breaking winter storm, we are extending all Family Readathon deadlines, including logging minutes, to next Thursday, February 25th. Here are important dates –
- Log minutes online – The deadline has been extended to February 25th for Recording minutes read between January 22 and February 10.
- Fundraise – The deadline is February 25th for donations. Don’t want to donate online? Click here for pdf form to mail in check or credit card donation.
- Win Pop Up Prizes for best fundraising page, minutes read, and Poetry and Collage Challenges
- Pick up T-shirts at BookSpring next Tuesday 2/23 & Thursday 2/25.T-shirts are also available at Readathon schools and at the March Celebration.
- Prizes will be announced in March.
Calling all Readathoners, Librarians, Teachers, Sponsors and Families
Free Family Readathon Drive-Through Celebration
Carver Public Library, Saturday, March 27th, 10 a.m. – noon
Books + T-shirts + Surprise Gifts + Whataburger Snacks
Stay tuned for more details
Sign up, set reading goals, and help raise funds today
Share your fundraising page with friends and family
Attend Warm-up Workshops leading up to the Readathon
Start your online Reading Report on Day 1 of the Readathon, January 22
Read and fundraise as much as you can
“It really encourages my kids to read. One of my three kids naturally loves reading, but the Readathon has helped encourage more and more reading from my other two kids each time it happens.”Readathon Parent
Frequently Asked Questions
Registration, tracking minutes, and more
Prizes and Awards
Learn about how you get a free t-shirt and more!
BookSpring builds early literacy in children and families through healthcare (Rx), education (Ed), and the community (Go). BookSpring is dedicated to making sure kids have books at home that will shape and change their lives.
The Library Foundation
The Library Foundation supports the Austin Public Library by increasing awareness about the library and its importance to the community, and by fundraising to enhance collections, programs, and facilities.